COLLECTIONS, PROCESSING, AND HOSTING
Effective data collection is the first and primary process in building credibility for your organization’s case. Our teams of collection experts gather, investigate, and map all relevant data for each individual matter. Making use of our expertise early on will structure your legal project to avoid future issues—saving you time and preventing future costs. Obtaining all useful information is crucial, and we won’t miss a thing.
We have the strength and support to process the largest, most complex collections of electronic legal evidence. Industry-leading technology enables us to scan and process multiple terabytes of data daily.
Every project is different and comes with its own needs and requirements. We have a variety of review platforms to choose from and possess more Relativity experience and users than anyone else in the industry. Our multiple, award-winning, processing platforms customize the best strategy for your organization’s case. Whether providing our services, or just hosting the platform, we are here to assist you every step of the way. DTI offers the following hosting services:
kCura Relativity® Features comprehensive review and repository functionality on a single platform; powerful reporting and tracking capabilities; an intuitive and easy-to-use interface so teams can begin working with little training; and advanced configuration capabilities to accommodate automation of multi-pass review workflows. To facilitate cost effective, technology-assisted review workflow, DTI heavily implements the Relativity Application Ecosystem.
Relativity Analytics Allows review teams to accelerate review and follow an investigative pattern of thought by identifying conceptual relationships between documents.
Ipro Complete Digital Discovery Platform Helps streamline the litigation process, reduce cost, and mitigate risk by offering a fully integrated solution for early case assessment, analytical review, and powerful processing and production.
- Full integrated ECA, review, and processing platform
- No moving or copying of files across disparate systems
- Less cost of ownership, including training and storage
- High speed ingestion and indexing of unstructured data
- Visual representation of data provides an intuitive understanding
- Cull rates of 90% reduce review costs
- Included Analytics package provides technology assisted review functionality
- High speed production directly from review
- Web-based review platform
- Enhanced litigation processing and production
- Distributed architecture allows unlimited scalability
- Automated workers require almost no human supervision
Equivio Near-Duplicates and Email Thread Creates a seamless, easy-to-use solution for eDiscovery processing and review with proven technology for grouping near-duplicates and email threads that is fully embedded within Relativity.
FORENSICS AND EXPERT SERVICES
Having handled hundreds of state and federal litigation cases, we work with proven technologies and have set the standard for a methodical and defensible approach to collecting, preserving, and analyzing data. The DTI process has been adopted as industry best practice. Our experienced teams of Certified Computer Examiners (CCE) gather important data even if it has been damaged or is difficult to find—information that can be the difference between winning and losing your organization’s case and reputation. The comprehensive forensic team at DTI ensures the secure preservation of the most sensitive data using repeatable and defensible processes. We know each case or matter has its own unique objectives and goals. At DTI, we have the knowledge and experience to construct custom processes to fit the specific needs of client projects. Our teams know the common issues faced by clients and will identify and fortify any vulnerable areas in your organization’s case.
Computer Forensics Analysis
Forensic analysis protocols involve much more than a solid set of keywords. There is often much more to consider when successfully reviewing client computer evidence and being properly prepared to counter your opponent’s analysis. Whether it’s analysis of your organization’s data or review of an opponent’s data, expert analysis will help you avoid surprises and stay informed.
Computer Forensics Consulting
Getting involved early in a case gives DTI experts the opportunity to help you avoid the problems that may impact your organization’s case as you approach trial. We can help you collect and preserve your data, however, our true value is our ability to assist with client evidence and strategy from early investigation through trial.
The DTI team of data acquisition experts has extensive experience planning and executing successful preservation and collection of even very large and complex data sets. Effective data collection can enhance your organization’s readiness and give you an edge in litigation.
We know each case or matter has its own unique objectives and goals. At DTI, we have the knowledge and experience to construct custom processes to fit the specific needs of your project. Our teams know the common issues faced by clients and will identify and fortify any vulnerable areas in your case.
The computer forensics consulting team at DTI understands the stakes and issues regarding today’s litigation and security environment when data breaches occur. The forensics consulting team is experienced in working with in-house IT and security teams to evaluate a data breach, investigate the scope of the compromise and perform the analysis to answer the important questions legal counsel will need to respond. The stakes are highest when an incident involves protected information. When an organization suspects that a breach has occurred, DTI can advise on notification obligations, preparing for potential litigation, and advising on remediation efforts.
Expert testimony at depositions and trial is among the most challenging and rewarding work that we do. DTI experts are experienced at working closely with the litigation team and in preparing the results of analysis for proper presentation to a judge and/or jury and defending that work at deposition.
Technical Deposition Consulting
Lawyers are not necessarily technologists. DTI experts have extensive experience in assisting the execution of technical depositions of opposing witnesses and experts. Asking the right question is particularly important with a technical witness. Subtle differences in technical terms, semantics, understanding the relevant technology, and interpreting the results of computer forensic analysis all contribute to effective technical depositions.
Enterprise Archive and Legacy Media
Cost-effective analysis and processing of backup tapes, legacy storage arrays, modern enterprise server environments, electronic mail servers, and a suite of other media and computing devices require a flexible approach based on tried and true forensic protocols. DTI experts excel at crafting the proper forensic protocols for dealing with even the most difficult data sets.
Discovery from the InsideOut
InsideOut Discovery delivers a fully integrated legal and technology managed service for corporate legal departments. By coordinating in-house infrastructure, outside expertise, and a dedicated technical and legal team and processes, InsideOut streamlines the discovery process to achieve dramatic cost savings.
The InsideOut solution provides a dedicated and scalable discovery team for legal departments. InsideOut clients receive the benefits of a fully turnkey discovery team that acts as an extension of the legal department, without incurring the head count and capital expenditures typically required if a company built such a team internally.
- Onsite and near-site capability. Your in-house eDiscovery management service includes collections, attorney review and analysis, and document production services.
- Repeatable and defensible. You can respond to eDiscovery matters using an efficient, repeatable and precise process. Your DTI legal and technology teams employ rigorous, multi-step quality control procedures to reduce risk and enhance defensibility.
Think of us as insiders. It takes more than a process to remove the inefficiencies from your eDiscovery processes. It takes a keen understanding of your environment. So we create a team of lawyers and technologists who become intimately acquainted with your legal staff, IT infrastructure, business units, and outside counsel.
- The partnership approach enables DTI to deliver effective strategies and in-the-trenches execution across all legal matters.
- You’re no longer burdened with the complex and distracting challenges of managing discovery consultants, third party staffing, and technology.
An overview of the process. To get started, we conduct a thorough assessment of your existing discovery process, including corporate structure, security and IT infrastructure. We then identify strategies to best configure InsideOut to ensure your success. The process addresses:
- Organizational dynamics. We work across departments to identify the dynamics that can get in the way of a coordinated eDiscovery process.
- Process engineering. An efficient, repeatable discovery process is established for your corporate legal department for:
- Initial collection
- Searching and early case analysis
- Final production
- Ready response. With our onsite or near-site eDiscovery capabilities, corporate counsel can get initial fact assessments within a matter of hours—a benefit that can guide legal strategies and resolve matters fast.
- Search and review. We make better use of outside counsel’s time by identifying the most relevant documents earlier in a case, which helps outside counsel better understand the facts more quickly and at far lower cost.
- Scalability. DTI helps your organization respond to all types and size of cases by rapidly scaling forensic, attorney, and litigation technology staff to meet court- or government-appointed deadlines.
DTI is able to provide certified and skilled discovery professionals to manage any project to the desired result—beyond client expectations.
Experienced leaders find the right solution for each project. No matter the scope or size, our expert project managers guide each task to meet deadlines while effectively staying within budget. From litigation support to discovery—both onsite and offsite—DTI can manage projects to achieve client goals.
TECHNOLOGY ASSISTED REVIEW
Predictive coding technology helps to review and organize your documents faster and more accurately— boosting your project’s productivity.
Experienced discovery and technology professionals use proven data reduction strategies including filtering, de-duplication, and early case assessment to minimize processing and review costs.
Document review is the single biggest expense in most litigation, and review of non-relevant documents can make it the most wasteful. Your organization should decide to settle or go to trial based on the merits of the case, rather than on the expense of discovery.
Listen to DTI experts discuss the opportunities for using predictive coding and Equivio analytics in the popular cloud based Office 365 platform. Technology assisted review experts from DTI can help your organization drive efficiencies while reducing data, risks and costs associated with eDiscovery.
Suggestions for Successful Reviews:
- Use a review manager that understands technology assisted review.
- Use blind sampling to measure progress and avoid reviewer bias.
- Apply technology assisted review before culling with search terms.
- Use second pass linear review.
MANAGED DOCUMENT REVIEW
DTI Managed Review teams operate as a seamless extension of our client’s legal department, and we offer service and support through all stages of the discovery lifecycle. Collecting, organizing, and preparing information is essential and can prevent damage to your organization’s case. We can assist you every step of the way to ensure the best results in any scenario.
No matter is too big or complex for our extensive network of veteran project managers, review managers, and review professionals. From relevance review to predictive coding, we have the reach and experience to produce under any deadline in a turnkey capacity. DTI specializes in highly complex projects that may require foreign language fluency, deep technical/specialized knowledge, and global coordination.
Elite teams of veteran review professionals serve our clients with full review reports, detailed privilege logs, or any other matter to simplify your review process. Our document review services are provided on-site at client locations, remotely, and all through our highly secure network of owned and operated Knowledge and Document Review Centers.
Confidence in Your Process
- We can analyze your current discovery process to ensure its effectiveness and completion.
- Our consultants collaborate with your organization’s legal team to design a process tailored to meet your goals.
- Knowing where to find your data is vital for discovery. We can help your team identify and prioritize information across your organization.
Manage Risk and Cost
- Receiving relevant data early on allows us to turn the important, necessary tasks of our client’s discovery procedure into strategic actions that gain leverage.
- We can help develop an effective search strategy—which can be the most significant component for controlling your cost and discovery risk.
- Increase the efficiency of your review attorneys and cut costs by using the case facts and analysis-based evidence profiles to organize review assignments and workflow.
Our network of Knowledge and Document Review Centers allows us to reach our clients wherever they are. Whether in our secure facilities or on-site at any location, we have the flexibility to meet your organization’s needs.
Much of today’s litigation support focuses on digital evidence, but DTI recognizes that not all discovery happens strictly within the confines of electronic data. We value this and extend the same high-quality support for paper-based discovery as we do in the digital realm. Our consistent processes and best practices are standardized, so regardless of where your firm is working with DTI, you can be assured that our commitment to excellence and efficiency are constant.
No need to talk to several companies for your discovery—we do it all. We can handle your paper-based discovery as well as the electronic, which gives you less to worry about
PROFESSIONAL eDISCOVERY EDUCATION
DTI sets new standards in litigation support and offers invaluable knowledge and skills to our clients through LitWorks™, our wholly owned training company.
Unlock the skills to advance your team.
LitWorks™ is the legal industry’s premier provider of formal training courses for litigation support professionals. Our team of experts research and develop best practices, then pass on these tools to enhance your skills and production. Whether participants are new to the litigation support industry or just working to advance their career, our courses will strengthen their knowledge in basic principles and leading technologies.
In our programs, students encounter both everyday and specialized litigation responsibilities, and then are taught our proven strategies to fulfill them successfully. Our courses are targeted to specific roles and offer helpful training on how to excel in their position.
Our LitWorks™ training programs include:
- Certified Professional Litigation Support Training- Students gain the skills needed to effectively review a case, assess its needs and make comprehensive recommendations on how best to manage that case from start to finish.
- Certified Litigation Support Manager Training- This class is offered to litigation support supervisors, managers, and directors who want to build their departments to compete in today’s litigation environment.
- Certified Litigation Support Project Manager Training- Primarily for experienced litigation professionals, this course is focused on improving project management skills in today’s fast-paced, high-risk litigation environment.
Advance your expertise on your schedule— No traveling. No time out of office.
We provide convenient, web-based team training programs for both large and small litigation support teams. These effective online courses are designed to focus on the most important principles to each class. Participants in the course are able to apply valuable principles and methods to augment their team’s already existing workflow.
To learn more, visit www.LitWorks.net.